21 total reviews
Wedding Date: 7/9/2011
I can not explain how amazing the food was at my wedding from Yes We Cater! All of our guest keep talking about the food! They said it didnt even seem like they were at a wedding. We did stations to offer a variety to our guest. John and Mark were fabulous to work with! They had dinners ready for my husband and I to eat at our bridal party cocktail hour because were walked around to tables to talk with guest while everyone had dinner. They did a food tasting party for us a few months before the wedding so we could try everything. They are sooooooo helpful with planning everything! The owner met with us for several hours and made me an entire wedding itinerary for the wedding day and gave it to all of the vendors. It was so helpful! It was like they were a cater and wedding planner in one! Pick Yes We Cater for your wedding.....trust me you will love John and Mark (the owners) and you will LOVE the food!!!!!!!
Wedding Date: 6/25/2011
I don't know where to start! Everything about Yes, We Cater was amazing and everything I could have asked for and more. John did everything to make sure we got exactly what we wanted for our wedding day. He worked with our budget an included everything we wanted. They not only have amazing food, but they become a wedding planner as well working to make sure the day went smoothly. We splurged on the food a little, but it was totally worth it.
Wedding Date: 5/8/2010
These people not only prepare and present absolutely fantastic food, but their presentation is phenomenal. Everything is always so beautifully decorated and arranged...just beyond anything i have ever seen. And talk about nice! They are amazing to work with...super flexible and funny, they are willing to do anything and everything to match your vision and dream.
I could never truly put into words how amazing they are from every angle, and would recommend them to anyone, anywhere!!!
Wedding Date: 9/30/2014
I just had to write a review today because this vendor has left me FUMING after their email this morning.
I am planning my wedding for next August (2015) and met with John (the owner) back in June. I currently live in New Mexico so I was home for strictly wedding business: dress and caterer.
Things seemed to be going good for our meeting. John had been hard to get a hold of but I was glad that we finally sat down with him. Despite the fact that he flirted with me and my sister, I figured the meeting had gone great. He seemed to know exactly what I wanted. After the meeting it took him at least two weeks to finally email me the estimate (which I had to call him about and he thought he already sent it).... but I just figured he was extremely busy. When I looked it over he had estimated our entire catering cost to $18,000. I was floored! He actually added stuff to our already busting menu. I emailed him back and told him that my father would be sending him our edited version of the estimate. I even told him what my father's email address was and to keep an eye out for it.
After a week and a half I emailed John asking if he received my fathers email. He claimed that he NEVER got the email even though my dad forwarded me their conversation and john had REPLIED to the email. I thought that this guy was messing with me! I'm already frustrated being far away from Pittsburgh and planning but now this guy is just lying to me.
After he finally claimed he received the email he sent back the exact. same. version. to me claiming he edited it. This happened two more times. AND we spoke on the phone in between and I outlined EXACTLY what I wanted from him. It was as if he completely forgetting every conversation we had!
I am sure that these people make delicious food but please be wary that the owner is extremely unreliable and disorganized. Even if he did finally get our menu correct I wouldn't hire him because I couldn't trust him on our wedding day.
Wedding Date: 6/14/2014
The food was probably THE most important thing to me (beside the Groom) at this wedding. I knew from the beginning that I wanted a untraditional wedding. I didn't want the oh so common stuffed chicken and fish. Yes We Cater was the perfect choice to cater my Carolina BBQ themed wedding. Between the roasted pig, mac n cheese, corn bread, and the pie assortment... they totally nailed it! The food was delicious and presented so beautifully. They even brought in a chiminea to roast marshmallows for the S'more bar :)
Mark and John- You guys are hilarious and great to work with. Thanks for everything! I would recommend you to every bride :)
Wedding Date: 5/25/2014
I used Yes We Cater and it was beyond spectacular. They put out a great display and great food (my guests are still telling me it was the best wedding food they've ever had). You have a menu tasting with most of the options that will be at your wedding, and you can pick and choose what you like. The owners are great to deal with too which makes for a nice experience. My fiance and I own a business and it is nice working with owners that put a lot of pride into their business. I would definitely recommend them!
Wedding Date: 8/24/2013
Yes, We Cater is passionate about their food and their customers. Our menu was individually created based on what we loved. One of our stations was a made-to-order stir fry that our guests loved. All of the food was fresh and delicious - many people said it was the best wedding food they've had! But they didn't just prepare our food - they worked closely with our venue to coordinate and decorate, John personally ran our rehearsal, they kept an eye on our schedule, and they made sure that the day was stress-free for us!
Wedding Date: 7/13/2013
If you're looking for a responsible, professional, honest catering company in Pittsburgh, then DO NOT book Yes We Cater. The staff is clueless and unorganized. It was a nightmare working with them. Below is a list of reasons that make them a horrible catering company:
1. Yes We Cater does not return emails.
2. Yes We Cater fails to take the time to do anything the right way. They used an estimate from another wedding and based our quote on 100 people even though they wrote 150 on paperwork. Therefore, we signed an agreement based on a number that was within our budget and then less than 2 months before the wedding, they finally took the time to crunch the numbers and sent revised estimate that was $5K more than we agreed!
3. Yes We Cater used another template to create a floor chart, which was completely inaccurate. It said it was set for 176, but it was really set for 210. It said round tables can seat up to 8 ppl, but there were 10 chairs at every table. We created our own floor plan after they failed to comprehend the changes that needed to be made.
4. It took Yes We Cater countless rounds of revisions for them to input the menu that we agreed upon onto the estimate paperwork.
4. It took 100+ emails and continued phone calls for Yes We Cater to complete the day of itinerary with accuracy. I finally created my own itinerary. Again, this is something they were supposed to handle, but could not manage successfully.
5. Yes We Cater demanded that we pay final payment of almost $10K in cashiers check just days before our wedding even though it says All credit card payments will be assessed to a 3% fee under the Final Payment clause of the agreement. If they don't accept credit card payments for their last payment then why do they have that statement?
6. Yes We Cater did not show up at our rehearsal and their attendance was confirmed. Also, nobody from their team managed the day-of ceremony execution, which again we had many calls discussing timing/flow.
7. We paid Yes We Cater $495 for event management, which included floor plan, itinerary, oversee event formalities to ensure a timely execution and placing decorations per clients instructions. We created the floor plan and itinerary as mentioned, the staff was running around like crazy and reception was over an hour behind schedule and they failed to put our wedding cake on the cake stand that we specifically bought for this purpose, among other mistakes.
8. We paid Yes We Cater for glassware and yet all guests were drinking out of plastic cups.
9. Yes We Cater did not serve our guests the menu that we tasted and was promised to our guests on the invite.
10. We asked Yes We Cater for food to be in the conference room and there was nothing to serve our wedding party and as a result, we didn't have a chance to eat at the cocktail party, which was our one opportunity to sit down and eat.
11. Yes We Cater did not prepare staff meals for DJ and photog, which we discussed.
12. Yes We Cater told our guests one hour before the wedding ended that they ran out of beer, yet we picked up six cases of beer the next day.
13. The owner John, who was my main point of contact for the last ten months at Yes We Cater DID NOT EVEN SHOW UP at my wedding, yet he said he would be running the event the entire time.
I'm sure there are more issues to note, but these are just a few of the major reasons why no one should ever hire Yes We Cater.
Wedding Date: 11/10/2012
The food was delicious. They are busy people, but they do a wonderful job and knew our venue well.
Wedding Date: 9/22/2012
The people are amazing and John will meet your budget while giving you the best food you will ever taste.
Wedding Date: 8/10/2012
We used Yes, We Cater for our wedding at J. Verno Studio. When we met J, he strongly recommended them and I went to a bridal show where EVERY person asked me if we were using them after they heard our venue. Now I am saying the same. The food is absolutely fabulous!!! Even my very picky husband really enjoyed everything. We chose to have some cool appetizers that represented each of us in a different way, a plated salad, and then Family Style Sides with Russian Style Entrees. It was different, delicious, and people raved about it! It was also very reasonably priced for the amount we got! I definitely would recommend using them!!
Wedding Date: 6/9/2012
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PLACE!!!! The food is amazing and both owners are fantastic. They made my wedding day.
If i had to find a critique it would be that my cookies should have been out from the start. Many of my quest would have loved to try one or two while waiting for dinner. I also took way too many home. But honestly that was a very minor detail that can be overlooked because of how AMAZING the food is.
Wedding Date: 4/28/2012
John Vallese at Yes We Cater is one of the friendliest people I have ever met. And their food is out of this world. People literally raved about everything they ate at the wedding. My father is actually trying to think of other events we could host in Pittsburgh just so he could have them cater it. They only book one wedding a day, so you have their full attention - they handled beautiful displays, delicious dishes and kept drinks coming all evening long - it really was wonderful.
Wedding Date: 10/22/2011
Our food was absolutely amazing! John really took the time to understand what we liked and made sure our menu/wedding was a true reflection of us! Yes we cater was so responsive to any change we requested. They were so helpful to all sorts of tasks - layout, how much alcohol to purchase, etc- to ensure our day was perfect! Our only slight complaint were the bartenders told our guests we were out of alcohol and we had lots of left overs! Overall yes we cater was an awesome quality and made our wedding day perfect!
Wedding Date: 10/7/2011
My guests are still raving about how we had the best food at a wedding they had ever had. Everyone from Yes, We Cater was so easy to work with while planning the wedding and they really listened to what we wanted. Everything was so smooth the day of the wedding and I can't help to think they had a lot to do with it. If I ever need a caterer in the future, there is no doubt in my mind I will use them again. Check them out
Wedding Date: 8/27/2011
If you want a unique food experience for your guests, go with Yes, We Cater! They brainstormed with us to come up with the perfect menu to fit our every desire. The event planning portion of their service made our day worry-free and fun! The food was fantastic and the displays were very stylish. Every server we encountered was so sincere, friendly, and helpful. Everyone involved in creating this day made us feel truly special. We highly recommend Yes, We Cater!
Wedding Date: 7/29/2011
I loved my caterer in the sense that he was easy to work with and the food was fabulous. He is pushy on price and he is tacky when it comes to asking for a tip. Our catering bill was 9,000 and he wanted a 20%--INSANE!
Wedding Date: 7/16/2011
we looked at yes we cater for our catering service and the man in charge helped us develop what sounded like a wonderful menu but then would not let us taste the food before we put down a non-refundable deposit. we budgeted a good portion of our money to go towards the food since that was important to us but we did not feel comfortable purchasing his services when we did not know what he could do or what the food even tasted like. i wouldn't by a car without test driving it first so we didn't go with yes we cater. big let down and disappointment.
Wedding Date: 6/19/2010
We used Yes, We Cater for our reheardal dinner. We described the type of event that we were lookiing for ( a relaxed upscale BBQ in an outdoor garden area of a local B&B for around 100 guests) and relayed what the range of budget we had to work with. They came up with a menu selection that blew us away. So creative on things that we would not have even of thought to offer! They were very easy to work with and responsive to all our questions right away. We knew we would not have to worry about a thing and that everything would be taken care of......and we were right! From the table set ups, food presentations, the taste and the staff, every aspect of the service that they provided was perfect.
Wedding Date: 8/21/2010
This was a 5 star caterer. They did a great job for my wedding and did not leave out one detail. They were amazing to work with!!
"Best of Weddings" Winner last "3 outa 4" Years!..
Enjoy your special day with the comfort of knowing all the details, are handled by passionate, dedicated, experienced event planners, with one goal in mind - YOUR BIG DAY!!!
Events are tailored to your specific taste, vision, and budget; limited only by your imagination.
- Price Range: $$$
- Specialty: American Regional, Asian, Continental, Dessert Specialists, Eastern European, French, Fusion, Indian, Italian, Kosher Style, Latin American, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Vegetarian
awards and affiliations
- The Knot Best Of Weddings 2012
- The Knot Best Of Weddings 2011
- The Knot Best Of Weddings 2008-09